Tuesday, April 22, 2008

dreams.

--- I dreamed that I was playing my guitar and singing my songs in front of a bunch of people. I hadn’t seen you in two months. As I was playing, I kept gazing around the room searching for you. Finally I found you sitting in the back with a guy. I got excited and almost stopped playing, but I kept going—hoping that you’d look up at me. Eventually you did, but it was like you didn’t recognize me. I stopped playing and waved, but you just turned away and hugged the guy sitting next to you. I started crying and couldn’t play any longer.

-- I dreamed that I was at work. I was busy cleaning something when I looked up across the hall, and there you were at the end. We stared at each other for a second, and then ran to each other. But before we got to each other, I woke up. It was 3:17 am.

-- I dreamed that I was in a large city. I was lost in a large crowd, and kept searching for a familiar face. I caught a glimpse of yours, and began to head your way. But when I got to where I had seen you, you were gone. Then all of a sudden I was in my room and you were sleeping on my bed.

No comments: